Policy

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

One Year Ago: We Still Miss You Napoleon

One year ago our brave boy Napoleon was taken from us. We think it was by a hawk.



I still mourn for him. It was such a shock and my heart hurts. I miss him every day. I can't even explain how much I loved him.



Napoleon was the reason we became vegetarian and then vegan. How could we care so much for this rooster and know that millions upon millions of baby roosters are ground up alive as a part of the egg industry, hens are brutally debeaked and crammed into cage and millions more are abused and killed for us to eat.



Napoleon had been injured buy a dog several months earlier and was nearly killed protecting his girls. He was very good and brave during his care but he missed his girls. If you don't' think chickens have feelings you should have seen them calling to each other across the yard (Napoleon stayed on our porch during his recovery) and then the emotional reunion...



We love and miss you, Napoleon!

1 comment:

Amri Valencia said...

I'm sorry he died. I know how it feels to lose a friend. *Hugs*