Policy

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Veggie-Versary - Two Years


Today is our Two Year Veggie-versary.

It's a sort of a bittersweet reminder because we went vegetarian (and shortly after, vegan) when Napoleon was hurt. We were lucky that he recovered but were sad when he was taken from us just a few months later.

I still grieve for him and keep his picture as the background on my phone so I can see him every day.

I miss our little man. I'm not sure if we will have the opportunity to care for a rooster again. Jake the turkey is doing so well with the girls that we are afraid of upsetting the balance in the coop. But Napoleon had such a great personality that I miss having a feisty rooster around.

Napoleon, we have you to thank and credit for our awakening. Because of you we have brought more compassion into our lives and we feel we are saving lives with each meal.

Love you.

2 comments:

Sweetie Queen Elbi said...

I recently read one of THE best books I've ever had my hands on. The name is Birdology, by Sy Montgomery. As an animal lover, and lover of the quirky, endearing beahvior of chickens, you MUST read this. I promise you will love it.

Poochie said...

I will have to check that out asap!