Policy

Monday, January 12, 2009

An Invitation

I've spent a lot of my life feeling full of conflict and even rage but I have to say that an unexpected gift of becoming vegan has been a major increase in the amount of joy and peacefulness that I feel inside me.

I just found this video which shows many of the beliefs that vegans and vegetarians espouse. I know there are some that would think the words here are filled with a level of superiority, of a "holier-than-thou" mentality. But I hope you would just see them with an open heart. With an open mind. See them as in invitation to explore an unknown and new path. A path that is filled with people who are on the same journey and who are happy to welcome you along no matter where you are on yours.

The knowledge of the world is only to be acquired in the world, and not in a closet.

No comments: